Healthy You, Healthy Us
At The Villages® Regional Hospital, we've made a commitment to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities that we serve. Through innovative community programs and partnerships, we are able to reach out to our neighbors through a wide range of medical and educational services.
Our award-winning Healthy You, Healthy Us wellness program is focused on bringing new, innovative classes and opportunities to the community and to hospital employees to encourage positive change in their overall health and wellness.
Our mission: To improve the health, well-being and quality of life for Team Members and community members by empowering people through activities and programs that support a healthy lifestyle and a commitment to wellness.
Upcoming Classes and Programs
Our Healthy You, Healthy Us wellness program has been honored by the following organizations:
Education and Tips for Living Well
- Vitamin D- learn more about this essential vitamin for sustained health.
- The Flu - get the facts about this deadly disease.
- Breast Cancer Awareness - early detection can save lives.
- Stress - take a moment to smile and breathe.
- Diet Soda - know the facts before you drink it.
- Choosing the Right Beverage – the ugly truth about regular soda.
- Stroke Awareness – learn the warning signs and tips for prevention.
Tips for Living Well
Did you know that walking is a great way to boost your health? Here's why...
- Walking increases cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness.
- Walking reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Walking improves management of conditions such as hypertension, high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes.
- Walking improves bone strength and balance.
- Walking increases muscle strength and endurance.
- Walking reduces body fat.
To learn more about walking your way to better health, click here.
Meet the Team
Juli Romero-Gomez, RN, CCWS, ACC
Wellness Program Coordinator, Central Florida Health
Juli is a Registered Nurse, Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist and Accredited Certified Coach. She graduated from the University of Miami School of Nursing in 1996 and has a clinical background in Intensive Care, Critical Care, and Hospice. Her experience with high-acuity patients led to the decision to change her focus to wellness and preventative empowerment as a Nurse Educator in 2002.
In 2014, Juli joined the Central Florida Health team and played a key role in the development of an in-house progressive wellness program known as "Healthy You, Healthy Us." The wellness program has been a very successful addition to the hospital system and has greatly benefited team members, families and the community.
As a Nurse, teacher, speaker and coach, Juli has helped people on their journey towards excellent health. Since she approaches health and wellness from a holistic point of view and creatively combines it with traditional Western medicine, she provides a unique education experience that is fun, enlightening and encouraging to those she teaches and trains.
Janice Boleyn, MBA
Wellness Program Assistant, Central Florida Health
Janice graduated from Saint Leo University in 2014 with a Master’s in Business Administration. She has been a valued member of the Central Florida Health team since 2006.
Janice joined the wellness department in 2016 and enjoys helping others on their path to better health. She is a certified Diabetes Self-Management Program facilitator with Elder Options and is continuing to expand her knowledge in the extensive field of wellness.